Promote Suicide Prevention, Mental Health Issues and Health Research
Educate the Community on Service in VA and non-VA Medical Facilities and Health Research
The Many Faces of Hospital Volunteers
AWARDS FOR MEMBERS
1. Citation to one member in each of the 10 Program Divisions who recruits the most Hospital (VA and non-VA
facilities) volunteers from July 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021. Entry form (required) available at vfwauxiliary.org/
2. "Hospital Volunteer Recruiter of the Year” plaque awarded to one member in the nation who recruits the most
Hospital volunteers (VA and non-VA facilities) from July 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021. Entry form (required) available
3. Citation to the Outstanding Hospital Volunteer of the Year in each of the 10 Program Divisions. Entry form
(required) available at vfwauxiliary.org/resources.
Member entries are due to Department Hospital Chairmen by March 31, 2021. Department Hospital Chairmen are
to send all entries received to the National Hospital Ambassador by April 30, 2021 for judging.
AWARDS FOR AUXILIARIES
1. Most outstanding participation in National Salute to Veteran Patients Week.
• Citation to every Auxiliary that sends or hand delivers valentines to veteran patients. Criteria and entry form
(required) available at vfwauxiliary.org/resources. Auxiliaries must send the entry form to their Department
Hospital Chairman by March 31, 2021.
The Department Hospital Chairman must send a copy of all submitted entry forms to National Headquarters
by April 30, 2021.
Citations will be mailed directly to participating Auxiliaries from National Headquarters.
• Citation and $25 to one Auxiliary in each of the four Conferences with the most outstanding "Valentines with
Veterans” party or event on-site at a medical facility.
The Department Hospital Chairman must sign and send a copy of the completed Department-winning entry form to
the National Hospital Ambassador by April 30, 2021 for judging.
AWARDS FOR DEPARTMENTS AND DEPARTMENT CHAIRMEN
1. Citation to each Department Hospital Chairman for participation in this Program.
2. $25 VFW Store Gift Certificate to one Department Chairman in each of the 10 Program Divisions for the best
promotion educating members about the VA’s Women Veterans Health Care Program.
3. Outstanding Performance Award in each of the 10 Program Divisions based on criteria listed on Page 5 and for
the promotion of Program Goals on Page 32.