Extension - The Extension program is set up to extend our membership. It consists of starting
new Auxiliaries and in working to strengthen weak ones. It also includes promoting healthy
Auxiliaries – for healthy Auxiliaries are the ones which actively promote our goals in their
communities thus gaining exposure and new members.
- Establish New Auxiliaries
- Maintain Current Auxiliaries
- Transfer Members-at-Large to Local Auxiliaries
- Present to Bachelor Posts
- Official Visit Inspections Completed by December 31, 2019
HEALTHY AUXILIARY TOOLKIT
AWARDS FOR MEMBERS
1. $25 VFW Store Gift Certificate to one member in each of the four Conferences who assisted in revitalizing/
rejuvenating a struggling Auxiliary and utilized Building on the VFW Auxiliary Foundation in their efforts. Any
member at any level of the organization can be nominated by the revitalized/rejuvenated Auxiliary. Nomination
form (required) available at vfwauxiliary.org/resources. Nomination forms are due to the Department Chief of Staff
by March 31, 2021.
The Department Chief of Staff must sign and send a copy of the completed Department-winning nomination form to
the National Chief of Staff by April 30, 2021 for judging.
AWARDS FOR DEPARTMENTS AND DEPARTMENT CHAIRMEN
1. Citation to each Department Chief of Staff for participation in this Program.
2. $25 VFW Store Gift Certificate to one Department Chief of Staff in each of the 10 Program Divisions for the best
guidance and advice related to strengthening and rejuvenating a struggling Auxiliary.
3. Outstanding Performance Award in each of the 10 Program Divisions based on criteria listed on Page 5 and for
the promotion of Program Goals on Page 24.