NATIONAL AWARD FOR MEMBERS
1. Citation and $50 to one member in the nation who assisted in revitalizing/rejuvenating a
failing or weak Auxiliary and utilized Building on the VFW Auxiliary Foundation in their
efforts. Any member on any level of the organization can be nominated by the
revitalized/rejuvenated Auxiliary. Nominated member must be different than the
nominated mentor for the Mentoring for Leadership Program. If you know someone
who should be considered for this award, you need to fill out the form, found on the
department website, and return it to the Department Chief of Staff by March 31, 2020
*** Auxiliary entries are due to the Department Chief of Staff by March 31, 2020. The Department Chief of Staff is to send
one entry to the National Chief of Staff by April 30, 2020 for judging. The National winner will be announced at the
2020 National Convention in Reno, Nevada.***
2. Citation to any member at any level who presents to a VFW Bachelor Post using the "Why Having an Auxiliary Can Boost Your Post” PowerPoint and/or PDF and "Top 10 Reasons for Your Post to have an Auxiliary” information sheet available at www.vfwauxiliary.org/resources. Commander of that bachelor Post is to complete the form (required) and send it to the Department Chief of Staff by March 31, 2020. The Department Chief of Staff is to send the form to the National Chief of Staff by April 30, 2020. Form (required) available at www.vfwauxiliary.org/resources. Citations will be mailed to the Department for presentation at Department Convention.
AWARDS FOR DEPARTMENTS AND DEPARTMENT CHAIRMEN
1. Citation to each Department Chairman for participation in this Program.
2. Serving Our Veterans with Aloha Keepsake to one Department Chief of Staff in each of the 10 Program Divisions for best strategic counsel/guidance/advice related to strengthening and rejuvenating an Auxiliary, District or Department. Nomination form (required) available at www.vfwauxiliary.org/resources. Auxiliary,
District or Department President is to complete the nomination form and send it to the National Chief of Staff by April 30, 2020 for judging. The Program Division winners will be announced at the 2020 National Convention in Reno, Nevada.
3. Outstanding Performance Award in each of the 10 Program Divisions based on criteria listed on Page 3 and for the promotion of Program Goals on Page 20. of the National Program book