Auxiliary Community Outreach is volunteer work performed by one member, a group of members or an Auxiliary for the benefit of their community or its institutions. Auxiliary Community Outreach can:
- Be performed by people of any age, skill set or ability level
- Benefit any group of people such as children, senior citizens and those with disabilities
- Benefit animals, the environment and public spaces
- Be done in communities of all types and sizes-rural, suburban and urban, small and large
PLEASE NOTE: Auxiliary Community Outreach is for projects NOT AFFILIATED with VFW or VFW AUXILIARY programs.
For more information contact the Department program chairman.
AWARDS FOR AUXILIARIES
1. Most outstanding Auxiliary Community Outreach Program.
• Citation to every Auxiliary that participates in a community event. Criteria and entry form (required)
available at vfwauxiliary.org/resources. Auxiliaries must send the entry form to their Department Auxiliary
Community Outreach Chairman by March 31, 2021.
The Department Auxiliary Community Outreach Chairman must send a copy of all submitted entry forms to
National Headquarters by April 30, 2021.
Citations will be mailed directly to participating Auxiliaries from National Headquarters.
• Citation and $25 to one Auxiliary in each of the four Conferences with the most outstanding Auxiliary
Community Outreach Program.
The Department Auxiliary Community Outreach Chairman must sign and send a copy of the completed
Department-winning entry form to the National Auxiliary Community Outreach Ambassador by April 30, 2021
AWARDS FOR DEPARTMENTS AND DEPARTMENT CHAIRMEN
1. Citation to each Department Auxiliary Community Outreach Chairman for participation in this Program.
2. $25 VFW Store Gift Certificate to one Department Auxiliary Community Outreach Chairman in each of the 10
Program Divisions for the best promotion of the Auxiliary Community Outreach Program.
3. Outstanding Performance Award in each of the 10 Program Divisions based on criteria listed on Page 5 and for
the promotion of Program Goals on Page 14.