Youth Activities - There are a variety of local programs where students are encouraged to
support our military and our veterans. They participate in community events, scouting, assist
the VFW in projects, learn citizenship, and countless other projects.
- Creating/Sponsoring / Working with Youth Groups
- Youth Supporting Our Veterans National Citations
- Patriotic Youth Award
- Random Acts of Patriotism (R.A.P.)
- Patriotism through Literacy
- Illustrating America
Illustrating America is a patriotic art contest for elementary and middle/junior high school students that encourages students’ artistic abilities and rewards their hard work.
- The contest consists of three grade divisions: K-2, 3-5 and 6-8.
- There is one National winner in each grade division, with awards for first, second and third place in each grade division.
- Coloring sheets, digital art and photography are not accepted.
- The student deadline is March 31, 2020.
- Visit the Youth Activities section at vfwauxiliary.org/resources for an application and more information, including eligibility requirements, contest rules, national awards and deadlines.
It’s fun to see how our youth see the world through their drawings and paintings!
AWARDS FOR AUXILIARIES
1. Most Outstanding Promotion of Patriotism through Literacy.
• Citation to every Auxiliary that participates in/promotes Patriotism through Literacy. Entry form (required) available at www.vfwauxiliary.org/resources. Auxiliaries are to send entry form to their Department Chairman by March 31, 2020. Department Chairmen are to send entry form to National Headquarters by April 30, 2020. Citations will be mailed directly to Auxiliaries.
• Citation and $50 to one Auxiliary in the nation for the most outstanding participation/promotion of Patriotism through Literacy.
Department Youth Activities Chairmen are to send one entry and the corresponding entry form to the National Youth Activities Ambassador by April 30, 2020 for judging. The National winner will be announced at the 2020 National Convention in Reno, Nevada.
AWARDS FOR DEPARTMENTS AND DEPARTMENT CHAIRMEN
1. Citation to each Department Chairman for participation in this Program.
2. Serving Our Veterans with Aloha Keepsake to one Department Chairman in each of the 10 Program Divisions for the best promotion of Illustrating America.
3. Outstanding Performance Award in each of the 10 Program Divisions based on criteria listed on Page 3 and for the promotion of Program Goals on Page 56. of the National Program book