Youth Activities - There are a variety of local programs where students are encouraged to
support our military and our veterans. They participate in community events, scouting, assist
the VFW in projects, learn citizenship, and countless other projects.
Creating/Sponsoring / Working with Youth Groups
Youth Supporting Our Veterans National Citations
Patriotic Youth Award
Random Acts of Patriotism (R.A.P.)
Patriotism through Literacy
Illustrating America is a patriotic art contest for elementary and middle/junior high school students that encourages students’ artistic abilities and rewards their hard work.
The contest consists of three grade divisions: K-2, 3-5 and 6-8.
There is one National winner in each grade division, with awards for first, second and third place in each grade division.
Coloring sheets, digital art and photography are not accepted.
The student deadline is March 31, 2021.
Visit the Youth Activities section at vfwauxiliary.org/resourcesfor an application and more information, including eligibility requirements, contest rules, national awards and deadlines.
It’s fun to see how our youth see the world through their drawings and paintings!
1. Most outstanding promotion of the Get Excited for the Red, White and Blue! national anthem singing contest.
• Citation to every Auxiliary that promotes the Get Excited for the Red, White and Blue! national anthem singing
contest. Criteria and entry form (required) available at vfwauxiliary.org/resources. Auxiliaries must send the
entry form to their Department Youth Activities Chairman by March 31, 2021.
The Department Youth Activities Chairman must send a copy of all submitted entry forms to National
Headquarters by April 30, 2021.
Citations will be mailed directly to participating Auxiliaries from National Headquarters.
• Citation and $25 to one Auxiliary in each of the four Conferences with the most outstanding promotion of the
Get Excited for the Red, White and Blue! national anthem singing contest.
The Department Youth Activities Chairman must sign and send a copy of the completed Department-winning entry
form to National Headquarters by May 5, 2021.
AWARDS FOR DEPARTMENTS AND DEPARTMENT CHAIRMEN
1. Citation to each Department Youth Activities Chairman for participation in this Program.
2. $25 VFW Store Gift Certificate to one Department Youth Activities Chairman in each of the 10 Program Divisions
for the best promotion of the "Get Excited for the Red, White and Blue” national anthem singing contest.
3. Outstanding Performance Award in each of the 10 Program Divisions based on criteria listed on Page 5 and for
the promotion of Program Goals listed at the top of Page 63.