Americanism - This program is all about promoting patriotism. Members foster love of America,
by teaching young people, and new citizens about our heritage. Each year, Auxiliary members
present flags to schools and civic clubs, hold essay contests in schools, participate in parades
and other displays on holidays, hold POW/MIA awareness ceremonies, get out the vote
programs, patriotic parades, citizenship classes, etc.
***For Forms and Applications for Teacher of the Year, please look under Program forms at the top of the Home Page for the current Year's documents***
Smart/Maher National Citizenship Education Teacher Award
National Ambassador Americanism Video 2020-21
AWARDS FOR AUXILIARIES
1. Most outstanding promotion of patriotic holidays in the community.
• Citation to every Auxiliary that promotes patriotic holidays in their community. Criteria and entry form
(required) available at vfwauxiliary.org/resources. Auxiliaries must send the entry form to their Department
Americanism Chairman by March 31, 2021.
The Department Americanism Chairman must send a copy of all submitted entry forms to National
Headquarters by April 30, 2021.
Citations will be mailed directly to participating Auxiliaries from National Headquarters.
• Citation and $25 to one Auxiliary in each of the four Conferences with the most outstanding promotion
of patriotic holidays in the community.
The Department Americanism Chairman must sign and send a copy of the completed Department-winning entry
form to the National Americanism Ambassador by April 30, 2021 for judging.
AWARDS FOR DEPARTMENTS AND DEPARTMENT CHAIRMEN
1. Citation to each Department Americanism Chairman for participation in this Program.
2. $25 VFW Store Gift Certificate to one Department Americanism Chairman in each of the 10 Program Divisions
for the best promotion of Blue Star Mothers and Families; Gold Star Mothers and Families; Silver Star Families;
and White Star Families.
3. Outstanding Performance Award in each of the 10 Program Divisions based on criteria listed on Page 5 and for
the promotion of Program Goals on Page 9.