Legislative - This purpose of this program is to urge our legislators to preserve veterans’ rights
and entitlements and to advocate a strong national defense.
Check the VFW Auxiliary National Website (vfwauxiliary.org) for links to the websites for the US Senate, US House of Representatives, The White House and The National Achives. Find out how to contact your Representative.
You will find the link on the National website to sign-up for the Action Corps weekly newsletter and the VFW Checkpoint Newsletter.
- VFW Priority Goals
- VFW Action Corps Weekly
- Community Legislative Education and Engagement
AWARDS FOR AUXILIARIES
1. Most outstanding training of members on the legislative process.
• Citation to every Auxiliary that trains members on the legislative process. Criteria and entry form (required)
available at vfwauxiliary.org/resources. Auxiliaries must send the entry form to their Department Legislative
Chairman by March 31, 2021.
The Department Legislative Chairman must send a copy of all submitted entry forms to National Headquarters
by April 30, 2021.
Citations will be mailed directly to participating Auxiliaries from National Headquarters.
• Citation and $25 to one Auxiliary in each of the four Conferences with the most outstanding training of
members on the legislative process.
The Department Legislative Chairman must sign and send a copy of the completed Department-winning entry form
to the National Legislative Ambassador by April 30, 2021 for judging.
AWARDS FOR DEPARTMENTS AND DEPARTMENT CHAIRMEN
1. Citation to each Department Legislative Chairman for participation in this Program.
2. $25.00 VFW Store Gift Certificate to one Department Legislative Chairman in each of the 10 Program Divisions for
the best promotion of legislative education and member involvement in the Legislative Program.
3. Outstanding Performance Award in each of the 10 Program Divisions based on criteria listed on Page 5 and for
the promotion of Program Goals on Page 37.