Media Relations is about the different resources your
Auxiliary uses to get the word out to the community about who we are and what
we do. It also involves how we communicate with each other. All of this
involves using different types of Social media, newspapers, radio, and television.
It also means sending out newsletters to your Auxiliary and District members,
either by email or snail mail. The Auxiliary Historian is responsible for
keeping a record, using photographs, flyers, event programs and other memorabilia
, of the President’s and Auxiliaries activities from installation to
The National website has publicity and media tools available to help you promote your Auxiliary.
By going to www.vfwauxiliary.org/resources and using the tools provided under the Historian/Media program you will find ideas in communicating to the community about how we help active military, Veterans and families.
Historians should take an active role in promoting your Auxiliary through Facebook, Auxiliary
newsletter or a joint newsletter with Post. National wants Historians to use digital media in
AWARDS FOR AUXILIARIES
1. Most outstanding Historian & Media Relations report.
• Citation to every Auxiliary that submits a Historian & Media Relations report to their Department Historian &
Media Relations Chairman by March 31, 2021. Report form (required) available at vfwauxiliary.org/resources.
The Department Historian & Media Relations Chairman must send a copy of all submitted report forms to
National Headquarters by April 30, 2021.
Citations will be mailed directly to participating Auxiliaries from National Headquarters.
• Citation and $25 to one Auxiliary in each of the four Conferences with the most outstanding Historian & Media
The Department Historian & Media Relations Chairman must sign and send a copy of the completed Departmentwinning report form to the National Historian & Media Relations Ambassador by April 30, 2021 for judging.
AWARDS FOR DEPARTMENTS AND DEPARTMENT CHAIRMEN
1. Citation to each Department Historian & Media Relations Chairman for participation in this Program.
2. $25 VFW Store Gift Certificate to one Department Historian & Media Relations Chairman in each of the 10
Program Divisions for the best promotion of media relations training.
3. $25 VFW Store Gift Certificate to one Department Historian & Media Relations Chairman in each of the 10
Program Divisions for the best PowerPoint presentation based on criteria listed on page 26.
3. Outstanding Performance Award in each of the 10 Program Divisions based on criteria listed on Page 5 and for
the promotion of Program Goals on Page 28.