This program is designed to ensure a positive member experience. Engage members in learning opportunities. And develop member confidence in leadership roles. The mentor will help create future leaders by providing guidance and support to all members.
NATIONAL AWARD FOR MEMBERS
1. Citation awarded to the first, second and third place member in each Department who is instrumental in fulfilling the role as a mentor/leader. Three nominations from each Department Mentoring for Leadership Chairman are due by April 30, 2020 to the National Mentoring for Leadership Ambassador. Nomination form (required) available at ww.vfwauxiliary.org/resources. Citation will be mailed directly to the member.
NATIONAL AWARDS FOR AUXILIARIES
1. Most Outstanding Implementation of a Mentoring for Leadership Program.
• Citation to every Auxiliary that implements a Mentoring for Leadership Program. Entry form (required) available at www.vfwauxiliary.org/resources. Auxiliaries are to send form to their Department Chairman by March 31, 2020. Department Chairmen are to send form to National Headquarters by April 30, 2020. Citations will be mailed directly to Auxiliaries.
• Citation and $50 to one Auxiliary in the nation for the most outstanding implementation of a Mentoring for Leadership Program.
Department Mentoring for Leadership Chairmen are to send one entry and the corresponding entry form to the National Mentoring for Leadership Ambassador by April 30, 2020 for judging. The National winner will be announced at the 2020 National Convention in Reno, Nevada.
AWARDS FOR DEPARTMENTS AND DEPARTMENT CHAIRMEN
1. Citation to each Department Chairman for participation in this Program.
2. Serving Our Veterans with Aloha Keepsake to one Department Mentoring for Leadership Chairman in each of the 10 Program Divisions who conducts the most informative School of Instruction at a Department function.
3. Outstanding Performance Award in each of the 10 Program Divisions based on criteria listed on Page 3 and for the promotion of Program Goals on Page 43. of the National Program book.